Fernhill School Nursery is currently recruiting a qualified Early Years Practitioner on a full-time basis to join our nursery in Burnside, Rutherglen.
We offer year-round, full-day care from Monday to Friday. Morning sessions start at 0800 and end at 12:30pm while afternoon sessions start at 1pm and finish at 5.30pm.
Our Nursery is open all year round with fixed closure periods which provides a consistent backdrop to ensure learning continues throughout the year for our boys and girls aged from 2 years to pre school.
The nursery is located within its own building and surrounded by 8 acres of garden which the nursery children utilise daily.
At Fernhill School Nursery, our dedicated and experienced staff organise a wide range of experiences.
As an Early Years Practitioner working for Fernhill School Nursery you can expect a competitive rate of pay and excellent working conditions in a supportive and motivational environment.
The successful applicant will be working with children aged 2 to 5 years.
You will be required to be registered with SSSc and is desirable that you have at least two years of relevant post qualifying experience in an early learning and childcare setting.
The key duties of the Early Years Practitioner include:
• To maintain high standards of care and education at all times
• To work as part of a team within the nursery
• To ensure all policies and procedures are implemented and adhered to at all times
• To ensure the children are cared for in a happy, safe and stimulating environment
• To plan, prepare and review the curriculum with your colleagues
• To assess and compile formal written reports and attend Parents’ Evenings
• To work in partnership with the parents and provide excellent customer service Please refer also to the person specification attached.
The post is a 52 weeks per year contract with fixed holidays. The successful candidate will be able to accommodate a degree of flexibility in their pattern of work.
To apply for this job a CV and any supporting documentation should be emailed to
Job Type: Full-time